At the DVGW (Deutscher Verein des Gas- und Wasserfaches e.V. - Technisch-wissenschaftlicher Verein = DVGW German Technical and Scientific Association for Gas and Water) the transfer of know-how and communication is at the centre of attention. On the basis of high technical competence we choose an open dialogue. We are transparent, and we are neutral.
The DVGW is indispensable for the industry self-regulation in the gas and water supply industry. Our technical rules set the standard in both Germany and within Europe the utmost safety combined with the best possible efficiency.
The staples water and energy always have to be secure and available in high quality. This requirement has been the incentive and continuous basis for the technical rules of the DVGW - for more than a century.
Long-term experience combined with our current knowledge result in our motives and our daily work:
- technical and hygienic safety
- optimising gas- and water- supply technology from an economic point of view
- protection of resources and environmental care
- quality management, quality assurance and control
- regulation and standardisation
- controlling and certification
- professional development
- information and transfer of know-how
In these matters, we are independent, non-profit making and neutral in accordance with industrial self-regulation.
The DVGW at a glance
29. August 2014
28. August 2014